Jun 1, 2015

Let's Swatch All of My Femme Fatale!

Today was a lazy Sunday with plenty of sunshine, so I thought I'd update my swatch bank with all of my Femme Fatale goodies. I've reviewed most of the shades before, but I wasn't swatching and photographing my makeup as well back then. I thought it would be nice for a refresher!


All shadows were purchased at full price. All opinions are my own, and all quoted descriptions are taken directly from the Femme Fatale website, which can be found here. Shadow swatches are taken over bare skin and Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion on the top row, and Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy on the bottom. Blush swatches are swatched heavily on the top row and blended out on the bottom.


Bone Dust: "a pale taupe with coppery pink shimmer and sparks"

This is a dusty grey/taupe with a subtle copper shift and pink sparks. Straight on, it leans more white than taupe.


Moonglow: "a pale columbia blue with a prominent golden duochrome and subtle pink shimmer"

Femme Fatale's swatch of this really showcases a gold shift, but I couldn't get it to show nearly as well. Nevertheless, it's definitely there, just not as prominent as I would expect.


Candied Apple: "a pale redwood pink with a green undertone, and blends out to have an almost brown undertone to it"

This is one of Femme Fatale's most popular shadow shades, and it's easy to understand why. Over bare skin and primer, this shadow is a rosy brown with green sparks, which makes it great for every day wear. But over a glitter adhesive, it glows green. I wore this as a one-shadow look last week, and my fiance kept complimenting it.


Bat Wing Hall: "a muted puce pink with purple undertones; when applied shifts to be more rosy. complimented with golden shimmers"

This is such a fantastic almost-nude shadow that can be used for a variety of looks. Over bare skin, it's a muted rosy pink, and over primer and glitter adhesive, the golden shimmers really start to pop. I love using this to darken my outer corner and as a crease shade.


Dispersion: "a rich mulberry base with strong aqua shimmer and sparkles. the aqua shifts to a pink/purple at an angle to the light"

Unfortunately, I had a difficult time capturing the rich aqua tones in this shadow. Femme Fatale recommends patting this shadow on rather than swiping (which is pretty standard with duochromes). Dispersion is a beautifully pigmented mulberry with a pink to purple to bright aqua shift. I had some issues with patchiness when applying this, but it wasn't anything a little patience couldn't smooth out.


Darkmist: "a deep red toned brown base with intense violet blue shimmer and teal sparkles"

This is a red toned violet with deep blue shimmer and teal sparks. This is one of the few shadows I own from Femme Fatale that doesn't have a shift to it, but it's beautiful regardless. Darkmist makes for some killer purple smokey eyes.


The Nightmare: "an eggplant purple with intense golden green shimmer and sparkles"

I am such a sucker for shadows that transform over glitter adhesives like The Nightmare does. This is a truly versatile shadow that applies as an cool-toned eggplant purple over bare skin and primer, and comes to life as a deep golden purple with green sparks over glitter adhesive. It's so difficult to describe the final color of this shadow. I feel like it could've easily turned out ruddy looking, but it really shines. If you don't own any shadows like this, I would recommend picking it up with your next purchase.


Fire Bloom (blush): "a mid tone rose pink with coral undertones and a flattering copper gold shimmer"

Fire Bloom is, in my opinion, a must have blush from Femme Fatale. It's a very flattering neutral pink with gold sparkle, but as you blend, the sparkles become more subtle. That's how I prefer my blushes- not too sparkly, but not quite matte. This fits the bill.

Welp, that wraps up the reswatching of my Femme Fatale products! I tried out a different way of laying out my swatch photos with this post. I'd love to hear your opinions on it! Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think. As always, I'm open to new ideas and ways I can improve Bellibone Beauty. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Candied Apple is gorgeous. I've heard so much about Femme Fatale but the shipping always throws me off! Maybe I should really look into them more seriously.

    ReplyDelete