Apr 5, 2015

Let's Try Out Kae Q's Beso Balms!

Lately I've been trying to expand my collection to more than just eyeshadow. Lip products have been a major draw for me, and after hearing a lot of lovely things about Kae Q, I snapped up a 6-pack of samples to give them a try.

Kae Q is owned and operated by Nicole Fiori, who runs her business out of Miami, Florida. Nicole is big on reducing her carbon footprint and using organic materials. Not only are her ingredients local, but she mixes all the oils found in her products herself. Right now her catalog consists of tinted and untinted balms, a clear lip liner, local farm products, and some sweet stickers (because who doesn't want a sticker of a heart-shaped beet?).

Nicole is a lamb, and she puts her heart and soul into everything she makes. She's been really open to customer comments and suggestions, and I feel like she's constantly coming up with new ideas and striving to make her company the best it can be. Her products really show it. Let's check out what I got, shall we?

Swatches are taken over exfoliated and moisturized lips. All quoted descriptions are taken off the Kae Q Etsy Store page, which you can check out here!


My six Besitos (samples of Nicole's Beso Balms)


Nicole is awesome enough to include applicators with orders of Besitos!
I thought they looked pretty after using them, so here's a before and after.

The sun was beating down through my window today, and I forgot to take my little Besitos out of the light. So, they were a little melted when I used them. Honestly, I'm going to try to warm them up every time I use them from now it. It gave them the consistency of Fyrinnae's Liquid Lustres, and that consistency is life. All colors were completely opaque with one swipe, with the exception of Mulberry and Passionfruit. Don't let the "balm' name fool you. If you told me these were lipsticks, I wouldn't question you. Not only are these crazy opaque, they're also very moisturizing. My lips feel luxurious after swatching these.

The swatches really speak for themselves, and Nicole's formula is very consistent, so I won't have a lot of commentary this time around.

T-B: Mango, Lychee, Snapdragon, Mulberry, Indigo, Passionfruit


Mango: "a gorgeous vivid red"

This is a beautiful red-orange on me. This was super easy to apply, and I was very impressed. I quickly found out they're all like that. Nicole has really outdone herself with her formula.


Lychee: "a classic matte brick red"

A gorgeous brick red. I'm not sure if I like this color or not on me. I'll have to take it for a spin sometime to make my final call.


Snapdragon: "a muted pink"

This is such a great MLBB for me, and it's perfect for Spring. Snapdragon felt the most moisturizing of the bunch, so I'd say this is probably the most "balm"y of the Besitos I ordered.


Mulberry: "a wonderful berry-red stain"

Mulberry wasn't as opaque as it showed on the site. I packed a lot of product on the applicator, but it still went on fairly sheer. I'll have to give it another shot when the product isn't warmed, but the others applied very opaque despite being in the sun a bit.


Indigo: "a shimmery, deep blue"

This applied a bit darker than the site photo, but I'm 100% okay with that. I've been wanting to experiment with funky lip colors, and this is awesome. Indigo is a tad metallic whereas the other Besitos are matte and semi-matte. This would be an great alternative to OCC Technopagan for someone who doesn't want to deal with the application and feathering of Lip Tars.


Passionfruit: "a deep, yet bright purple"

This also applied a tad darker than the site photo, and it also applied fairly sheer. Because of its dark color, Passionfruit had issues with streakiness due to how sheer it was. This is another one I'll have to try without warming it up first. I love me some purple lips, so I have a mighty need to make this work.

Welp, this wraps up my Kae Q review! These Besitos were amazing, and I'll definitely be snapping up some full sizes for my next order. Nicole is updating her Beso Balm packaging to slimline tubes soon, and they are too cute. I'm excited to see what else she comes up with next! Now I'm off to gorge on Easter candy. Stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment