Apr 6, 2015

Jamie from Polished Beauty Reviews Hello Waffle's Revamped Tinted Balms!

Hey, guys! I'm so excited to share my first guest post with you! Jamie from Polished Beauty wanted to share her swatches and review of Hello Waffle's new tinted balms. These have been reformulated to be less streaky and gritty, and from these swatches, I think Christine did an awesome job. Now I want to pick some up, myself!

So, all pictures are taken by Jamie, and I took the liberty of turning her photos into handy dandy collages. The majority of this review is written by her, but I'll pop in and give some of my own commentary as well. I'll specify who's saying what so you guys don't get lost. Let's jump right in!

Jamie: Hey, all! I'm guest posting on this blog today about Hello Waffle's newly re-released lip balms! Christine originally opened up shop with lip balms, but discontinued them last year to reformulate them, as they were getting grainy over time. This Spring, Christine re-released her balms in a new formula with both previous shades and some new colors as well in new new slim-line tubes for $5.50 CAD (about $4.40 US currently).


The shiny new slim-line tubes!


Comparing the old and new Maraschino formulas, from left to right

Jamie: Maraschino is described as a warm orange-toned red. I had an old sample from the original release, so I decided to compare the colors. While the formula is completely different (duh), the colors look identical to me, both on my arm and my lips.

Destiny: I'm really impressed that Christine was able to change up the formula so much, yet still be able to keep the color the same. It seems like formulations often result in color changes (Kat Von D Lolita, anyone?), so kudos to Christine! I also think it's great that the new balm is more moisturizing, and it's also more pigmented. For a lot of indie balms I've tried, the more moisturizing they are, the sheerer they get.


Jamie: Ginger Kitties is described as an orange-toned peach. I know with the original formula I had, the color was more orange than peach due to dye differences in the batches. The new formula shows up a nice, soft peach on me.

Destiny: I think it's interesting how pink this looks. The site description says it's orange-toned, and even the picture is fairly orange, almost a coral. The site swatch is an orange-red. I haven't been interested in Ginger Kitties at all, but now I'm rethinking it if it's going to be such a lovely pink!


Jamie: Orchid is described as a vibrant, warm purple. I would describe it more as a bright magenta-pink color. It's not a purple-purple, but instead a more purply/magenta color.

Destiny: Hrm. I'm not sure where I would place this on the color spectrum. I'd say it's a warm-toned fuchsia. (Also, what is up with the spelling of fuchsia? Fuch-see-ya. What is that?)

~

Jamie: All the colors went on full opaque and seem to "dry" in place. They all stain as well, which I prefer in a lip color. (After washing my arm with soap and water, you could still see the color from my swatches.)

Destiny: Alright, that wraps up today's Guest Post! I'm so glad Jamie reached out to me, and I'd love to do more posts like this in the future. I'm also going to shamelessly link her site, where she sells awesome nail polish marbled necklaces and pendants (and is having a sale!). Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment