Feb 17, 2015

Hello Waffle Swatches and Reviews

Disclaimer: I am currently in the process of reswatching duochromes and photographing them differently to give my readers a more accurate depiction of the shifts. Please be patient while I go through the process of updating my past reviews. :)

Hey, everybody! Right around the time I finished up my last Hello Waffle post, my next order arrived. C'est la vie. So, here's my second round of Hello Waffle swatches and reviews!

All pictures are taken by me, and all quoted descriptions are taken directly from the Hello Waffle site. As per usual, swatches are bare skin on the left and Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy on the right.


Mendelssohn: "light pink with golden sheen"

The description pretty much says it all! A pretty flush peach with a subtle gold shimmer.


Yup!: "matte light mocha"

This matte mocha hails from Christine's Archer inspired collection, which consists of all mattes. As with all indies matte I buy, it seems, this applies fairly patchy. Any advice on applying mattes?


Bae (formerly Fresh Lacquer, discontinued): "dark stormy copper with silver sparkle"

I know this isn't based on Baelfire from Once Upon a Time, but every time I put this shadow on I find myself gazing dreamily into the distance.. until I think about his father. I'm not picking up too much copper here. For me, it's a stormy grey with a cool silver shift.


"Uh, Duh!": "matte burgundy red"

Another matte from the Archer-inspired Duchess Collection, this is a burgundy that screams "grunge", and that is NOT a bad thing. This applied a little patchy, but not nearly as patchy as Yup! This shadow tends to clump up in the jar, similar to Fyrinnae's shadows, but that's normal as far as I can tell. Give the clumps a little tap with your brush, and they'll fall away.


Ethereal Voice: "warm purple with noticeable golden shimmer"

This is definitely one of Hello Waffle's tried and true purples. A warm, almost smokey purple with a golden sheen, this pairs well with so many of Christine's other gorgeous purples. A must-have for purple junkies! How many times can I use the word "purple" in one review? Purple, purple, purple.

Well, this wraps up my second Hello Waffle swatch and review post! It certainly won't be the last, especially with the Kitty Kingdom restock creeping up on us. You can check out Hello Waffle's adorable website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment