Mar 27, 2015

A Sneak Peek of Ten Three Lab's Upcoming AHS: Coven Collection

Hey, guys! I am so, so excited to share this with you. I bought a few goodies off Cara's destash, and inside my package she included a small sample of an upcoming perfume. I asked her if I could blog about it, and she sent me info about the entire collection to share with my readers!

The new collection, launching April 1st (no lie), is inspired by the incredible third season of American Horror Story, which centers around a small coven of near-extinct witches. I'm going to keep this post spoiler-free, so if you've yet to watch the Coven season, you're safe to read this! The New Salem Collection will consist of five perfumes, two Saucebox Sheens, and two eyeshadows. The April CotM shadow will also be inspired by Coven.

All photos are taken by Cara from Ten Three Labs. All information was sent to me with permission to post about it publicly.


Palate Cleanser, New Salem, Fell, Resurgence, Mulligetawny Soup

Palate Cleanser- "an assortment of melons, white peach sangria, yuzu, cucumber and lime"

New Salem- (Cara's favorite) "cacao absolute, labdanum absolute, burnt earth, spiced apples"

Fell- "moss, kelp, water lillies and sugar cookies"

Resurgence- "vetiver, Spanish moss, wet dirt, and honeysuckle"

Mulligetawny Soup- (Cara dubbed this her weirdest scent ever, but it works) "black pepper, rice, almond milk, coconut, apple, lemon, curry and cardamom"

I was lucky enough to be sent a sample of Resurgence, a perfume inspired by my boo, Misty Day.


(seriously, look at how gorgeous she is)

In Coven, Misty Day has the power of Resurgence, meaning she can bring back the dead (though magic always comes with a price). Misty's a hippie at heart and possibly the biggest fan of Stevie Nicks ever, and I couldn't think of a better perfume to represent her.

On cold sniff, this perfume smells of wet, overturned earth and a hint of sweet honeysuckle. My fiance took a cold sniff as well, and he said it smells like an "old, forgotten house". I've been wearing the perfume for the past few days, and upon initial application, it smells dominantly like moss and grass. After about half an hour, the moss and grass faded a touch and I started to smell the dirt and honeysuckle. The perfume wasn't very far-throwing, which I was okay with. For more "unique" scents, I try to keep them more to myself. I don't think the majority of people like smelling wet dirt and grass on a person. Resurgence lasted a good five to six hours before I wanted to reapply. I really like this perfume, and I'm pumped up to try the other four!



Wednesday and Sopresa

Cara's Saucebox Sheen gloss formula debuted in her last subscription box, and these will be the first to be available to everyone. Wednesday is a "black with red sheen", and Sopresa is a "plain old red". These look super opaque, and I'm really interested to see lip swatches of Wednesday. Usually darker colored glosses have issues with streakiness, but this picture doesn't show any! The color is definitely not accurate in these photos, and I'll swap out this photo for something that gives the colors more justice if possible.

Last but not least, the two permanent shadows of the collection! There aren't any available pictures yet, but I'll add them if any are posted before the release. Both shadows are matte.

Liiiiiiiiiiiies- "a dirtied beige"

Dog- "a deep brown"

Cara also teased that her April CotM will be connected to the New Salem Collection, but she's keeping it a secret for now! Overall, I'm ecstatic about this collection. I'm a huge fan of Coven, and his collection does it the justice it deserves. Awesome work, Cara!

The New Salem Collection launches on April 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment