Jun 15, 2015

[REDACTED]: A Smelly Yeti Review

Today my first ever Smelly Yeti order arrived, and it's basically everything I thought it would be and more. Smelly Yeti drew me in with its beautiful weirdness and has me hook, line and sinker with their scents. In terms of unique smells, I'd rank Smelly Yeti up there with Darling Clandestine. Let's check out what I got, shall we?


OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR THIS IS NOT THE TIME- ahem. I ordered a five-pack of samples, and in my package I found a nicely wrapped jewelry box for my samples, two dinosaur temporary tattoos, two Zotz, and a little plastic dinosaur friend. I was also one of the first fifty orders after Smelly Yeti's reopening, so I also received a bag of the not-yet-released Bubble and Soak to give a try. I already showered today (boo), so my usage review of the Bubble and Soak will come later. I opened the bag to check it out, and it has the texture of crumbly cookie dough and smells ah-mazing.

All products purchased by me, and all opinions are my own. Italicized perfume notes are taken directly from Smelly Yeti's website, found here.


NOT THE BEES: candied honey, honeysuckle, citrus, smooth vanilla

Smelling from the bottle: Sharp honeysuckle and citrus that quickly fades to creamy vanilla and sweet honey.

Applied on skin: Oh sweet lord, I finally found a honey perfume that doesn't turn plasticky on me. Creamy vanilla and sweet honey, with a tang of citrus and a hint of honeysuckle. Dries down to a sweet honey with soft vanilla.

Ouran: bulgarian roses, english roses, rosehip jasmine, pikake flower, yuzu, hint of tropical flavor

Smelling from the bottle: I've never been big on florals, so bear with me on the descriptions as I'm not familiar with flowery scents. This smells like sticking your nose in a big pink rose dampened with morning dew. It's a traditional rose that's very bold, but not overwhelming and surprisingly simple. (Like I said, bear with me.)

Applied on skin: Uh oh. After a few minutes, this turned very old lady, baby powdery floral on me. I'll use this in my hair and hope I get better results, because I really like how it smells in the bottle.

Paradisio: lilac, lillies, bright fruits, air, warm, pink flower, apple

Smelling from the bottle: This perfume has so many complex elements. I smell sweet lilies, warm air, apple, and.. general brightness, if that makes sense? I can't imagine a perfume better embodying the Garden of Eden. It's a bright, sunny day in a stunning garden of bright flowers and fruits. This is fantastic.

Applied on skin: Wow, this is Darling Clandestine Tilt-a-Whirl's fruitier, warmer cousin. Unlike Tilt-a-Whirl, though, this perfume doesn't mellow out on the dry down. The sweetness intensifies, and a slight crisp green apple emerges.

THE ILLUMINATI IS REAL AND YES I AM IN IT: blackcurrant scones, cinnamon, sugar, teacakes, raspberry jam

Smelling from the bottle: Powdery scones and crumbly cakes with a dash of sugar and a fleeting smell of raspberries and spice. This isn't nearly as potent as the other perfumes, but I appreciate its subtlety.

Applied on skin: The powdery, crumbly dough smell evens out and mingles nicely with raspberry jam and a toss of cinnamon. The dry down welcomes a syrupy blackcurrant sprinkled with sugar. This perfume fades fast as it's very delicate, so I'll use it in my hair.

We are as Gods: coconut, pineapple, cool whip, cream cheese, pecan, cherry, marshmallows

Smelling from bottle: Wow, I can smell every single note, seemingly all at once. When I bought this perfume, I thought the note list sounded a bit ambitious, but these notes mingle so well and it smells so natural. Crisp coconut, chilled pineapple, whipped cream, fresh cream cheese, woody pecan, tart cherries, and a handful of marshmallows. Woah.

Applied on skin: Mmmm, the cream cheese really pops on my skin, but it doesn't turn sour like a lot of dairy notes usually do (how I wish I could love you, HoG Milkmaid). The cherries are sweeter and the coconut toasted. Pecans crunched and the fluff of cool whip. My mouth is watering.

Alright, my arms are covered in dabs of perfume and I smell like a fruity, sugary, honey-coated goddess. I'm really happy with my sample choices and I'm super excited to try out the Bubble and Soak to let you all know what I think. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment