Apr 16, 2015

Reviewing a Tiny Haul from Femme Fatale

Disclaimer: I am currently in the process of reswatching duochromes and photographing them differently to give my readers a more accurate depiction of the shifts. Please be patient while I go through the process of updating my past reviews. :)

Hey, guys! I've been in a bit of a blogging rut lately but wanted to get back in the swing of things, so for this post I'll be reviewing possibly the smallest order from Femme Fatale I'll ever make.


Yeah.. so I picked up only two jars. I ordered Candied Apple and Bat Wing Hall, because everyone raves about them and I was a weirdo who didn't have them yet. I mean, I'm still a bit weird. But, you know, less so. My weirdness aside, let's move on to my review!

As usual, all swatches are taken over, from left to right, bare skin, Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, and Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy. All quoted descriptions are taken directly off Femme Fatale's site, which can be found here.


Candied Apple: "a pale redwood pink with a green duochrome, and blends out to have an almost brown undertone to it"

This is a seriously complicated shadow. I say that because when I looked at this swatch with my own eyes, it was a reddish pink with a green duochrome, and I couldn't get it to photograph any way BUT this brown color. Guys, I promise I know how to work a camera. I think. Anyway, the color in jar is what you get when you apply, unless you blend it out. The green duochrome isn't as bright or glowing as you might expect from a Femme Fatale shadow, but I think the subtlety works well here.


Bat Wing Hall: "a muted puce pink with purple undertones; when applied shifts to be more rosy"

Okay, this one photographed properly. Whenever I hear "puce", I think of Monsters Inc, when Mike can't sort out his paperwork. Actually, I think this might be the only time I've heard "puce" outside of that movie. Does puce go to Roz? Accounting? Shoot. Moving on, this is a rosy pink with a bit of lavender undertone and golden glimmer. Girly and gorgeous and perfect for Spring! (Also, don't make the mistake I made by Googling "puce" and looking at the images that popped up. Trust me, this shadow is puce in the jar. I promise.)

Alright, that wraps up my rambling, late night, super short review. I need to do mini reviews more often. I have a few brands where I only have a couple products from them, and I feel like I'm ignoring them when deciding what to review. My next review will absolutely be on Mad Lab Cosmetics, though! Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment